MVMT (pronounced “movement”) watches are known for their stylish design and affordability. To change the battery in an MVMT watch, you will need to follow these steps:
- A replacement watch battery (typically a silver oxide battery)
- A watch case back opener tool (if your watch has a screw-down case back)
- A watch case back press tool (if your watch has a screw-down case back)
- A pair of watchmaker’s tweezers (optional but helpful)
- A soft cloth or watchmakers’ gloves to prevent fingerprints on the watch crystal
- Prepare Your Workspace:
- Find a clean, well-lit, and flat surface to work on. Make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials within reach.
- Determine the Type of Case Back:
- MVMT watches can have either a snap-on or a screw-down case back. Determine the type of case back your watch has before proceeding.
- Open the Watch Case Back:
- For a Snap-On Case Back:
- Locate the small notch or groove on the edge of the case back.
- Insert a case back opener tool into the groove.
- Carefully apply upward pressure while simultaneously pushing the tool inward to pop open the case back. Be gentle to avoid damaging the watch.
- For a Screw-Down Case Back:
- Use a case back opener tool with the appropriate notches or pins that match the case back.
- Place the tool into the notches or pins and turn it counterclockwise to unscrew the case back. Be cautious not to apply too much force.
- For a Snap-On Case Back:
- Access the Battery Compartment:
- Once the case back is removed, you will see the watch’s internal components. Locate the battery compartment.
- Remove the Old Battery:
- Carefully use a pair of watchmaker’s tweezers to lift out the old battery. Pay attention to the battery’s orientation (usually marked with a “+” sign) as you remove it.
- Insert the New Battery:
- Place the new watch battery into the battery compartment with the same orientation as the old one (the “+” side facing the same way). Use the tweezers if needed for precision.
- Replace the Case Back:
- If you have a snap-on case back, carefully position it over the watch’s internals and press it down until it clicks into place. Ensure it is securely sealed.
- If you have a screw-down case back, thread it onto the watch case by turning it clockwise. Be sure not to cross-thread it; it should screw on smoothly.
- Check for Proper Functionality:
- Ensure the watch is running smoothly with the new battery. Set the time and any other functions, if needed.
- Clean the Watch:
- Use a soft cloth or watchmakers’ gloves to wipe off any fingerprints or smudges from the watch crystal.
Changing the battery in your MVMT watch is a cost-effective way to keep it running smoothly and looking great. If you’re uncomfortable performing this procedure yourself, you can also take your watch to a professional watchmaker or a jewelry store for battery replacement.