As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Roblox on an iPad primarily relies on touch controls and doesn’t natively support external keyboards for gameplay. However, you can use an external keyboard for typing in chat or for some limited in-game interactions if the game allows it. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the Keyboard:
- Ensure your Bluetooth keyboard is turned on and in pairing mode.
- On your iPad, go to “Settings.”
- Tap on “Bluetooth.”
- In the list of available devices, find and tap on your keyboard to pair it with your iPad.
- Open Roblox:
- Launch the Roblox app on your iPad.
- Join a Game:
- Choose a game to play from the Roblox game library and join it.
- Use the Keyboard:
- Once you are in the game, you can use the keyboard for typing in the in-game chat if the game supports it.
- To bring up the chat box, you usually press the “T” key on your keyboard.
- Chat and Interaction:
- Type your messages using the keyboard and press “Enter” or a similar key to send the message.
- Some games in Roblox may allow additional keyboard inputs for in-game actions, but this depends on how the game is designed and whether the developer has implemented keyboard support.
Please note that the functionality of external keyboards in Roblox on iPad may vary depending on the game you are playing. Not all games will support keyboard input beyond basic chat. Additionally, Roblox itself may receive updates and changes, so it’s a good idea to check the Roblox support website or the in-game settings for any updates or options related to keyboard support.
Keep in mind that using a keyboard for gameplay in Roblox on iPad may not provide the same experience as playing on a computer with a keyboard and mouse or using a game controller. The primary input method for Roblox on iPad remains touch controls, and some game features may not be fully accessible through an external keyboard.