Changing the batteries in a Purell ES6 dispenser is a straightforward process. The Purell ES6 dispenser is an electronic hand sanitizer dispenser commonly found in public restrooms and other high-traffic areas. Here’s how to change the batteries:
- New batteries (typically C-cell batteries)
- A key or coin (for some models)
- Prepare New Batteries:
- Ensure you have a set of fresh batteries ready. Most Purell ES6 dispensers use C-cell batteries, but it’s essential to check the specific battery requirements mentioned in the user manual or on the dispenser itself.
- Locate the Battery Compartment:
- The battery compartment is typically located on the bottom or back of the Purell ES6 dispenser. Look for a cover or lid that conceals the batteries.
- Open the Battery Compartment:
- Depending on the model, you may need to use a key, coin, or a similar tool to unlock and open the battery compartment. Insert the key or coin into the designated slot and turn it to release the compartment cover.
- Remove Old Batteries:
- Once the battery compartment is open, you’ll see the old batteries. Carefully remove the old batteries and set them aside for recycling or proper disposal.
- Insert New Batteries:
- Insert the fresh batteries into the compartment, following the correct polarity (positive and negative ends). There are usually markings or diagrams inside the compartment to guide you. Ensure that the batteries fit snugly in their slots.
- Close the Battery Compartment:
- Close the battery compartment cover or lid securely. Use the key or coin to lock it back into place if necessary. You should hear or feel a click when it’s properly closed.
- Test the Dispenser:
- Activate the dispenser to test if it’s working with the new batteries. Place your hand under the dispenser’s sensor, and it should dispense hand sanitizer.
- Monitor Battery Life:
- Keep an eye on the battery life of your Purell ES6 dispenser. Battery life can vary based on usage, but it’s a good practice to replace the batteries proactively before they run out to avoid any interruptions in operation.
Changing the batteries in a Purell ES6 dispenser is a routine maintenance task that ensures the dispenser continues to function reliably. If you encounter any issues or have questions about your specific dispenser model, you can consult the user manual provided by Purell or contact their customer support for assistance.