Changing the input source on a TCL TV without a remote control can be a bit challenging, but it’s possible to do using the buttons located on the TV itself. The exact steps may vary depending on your specific TCL TV model, but here’s a general guide to help you change the input source:
- Locate the TV Buttons: On your TCL TV, you should find a set of control buttons, typically located on the side or bottom edge of the TV. These buttons may include power, volume, channel, and menu buttons.
- Power On the TV: Ensure that your TCL TV is powered on.
- Access the On-Screen Menu (if needed): If your TV requires you to access the on-screen menu to change the input source, you’ll need to use the menu button (often labeled “Menu” or “Settings”) among the control buttons. Press it to bring up the on-screen menu.
- Navigate the Menu: If you accessed the on-screen menu, use the directional buttons among the control buttons to navigate through the menu options on the screen.
- Locate the Input or Source Option: In the on-screen menu, look for an option related to input or source selection. It might be labeled “Input,” “Source,” “Input Source,” or something similar.
- Select the Input Source: Highlight the input source you want to use (e.g., HDMI1, HDMI2, AV, VGA, etc.) using the directional buttons.
- Confirm Your Selection: Once the desired input source is highlighted, press the menu button again or use an “Enter” or “OK” button (if available) among the control buttons to confirm your selection.
- Exit the Menu (if applicable): If you accessed the on-screen menu, press the menu button again or navigate to the exit option and confirm it to exit the menu.
- Verify the Input: Check that your TCL TV is displaying the content from the input source you selected. If you chose the correct input source, your screen should show the content from that source.
If your TCL TV model has dedicated input/source buttons among the control buttons, you can usually change the input directly without accessing the on-screen menu. These buttons might be labeled “Input,” “Source,” or simply with the names of the input sources (e.g., HDMI1, HDMI2).
If you’re still having trouble changing the input source or if your TV model has a unique button layout, it’s a good idea to refer to your TV’s user manual for specific instructions. You may also consider obtaining a universal remote control compatible with your TCL TV, as it can make input source selection and other tasks more convenient.